The Law Office of Lisa A. Vance, P.C.

The Path to Your Piece of Mind
Divorce and Family Law Matters

We are now accepting clients statewide in Texas.


As the situation with COVID-19 continues to develop and evolve, the safety, health and well-being of our clients and our team is extremely important to us. We are watching for the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and international medical experts to learn how we can best manage our facility and our clients.

We would like to reassure you that The Law Office of Lisa A. Vance, P.C. will continue to be available to provide services to all of our clients.

Our lawyers and paralegals are working in the office and electronically, although most of us are working from home. Below is a list of FAQs regarding our response and commitment to you during COVID-19.

Can I even have a consultation with my lawyer remotely?

Yes, The Office of Lisa A. Vance, P.C. has a comprehensive remote working capability and all of our lawyers and paralegals are equipped to work securely from home.

Will my lawyer be available to answer questions and work on my case?

Yes, your legal matters will continue to receive our attention. You can email, call, or videoconference with your lawyer during this time.

We also have multiple videoconferencing options; please contact your attorney for the platform that works best for you

How are court hearings and appointments affected?

Court in Bexar County are now conducted by Zoom Please see our blog article Court via Zoom: It’s Actually, Really Court (and Here’s How It Works)

Can I consult with a lawyer about a new family law or divorce matter?

Yes, we have office staff working in house and remotely to ensure continuity in our business. For information about a family law or divorce matter, please call our office or complete the Request a Consultation Form.

Your family law matters remain our top concern and we are not going to permit this pandemic to take priority over your needs. We will remain confident, alert and prepared.

We wish you and your family well as we work through this difficult situation together.

With warm regards,
Lisa A Vance



Family Law
Click For More

Rest of Life
Click For More

What if my divorce agreement is no longer fair?

| Jan 12, 2015 | Child Custody |

Life is full of unexpected twists and turns that nobody, neither courts nor divorcing couples, can see coming. Usually we simply roll with the punches and adjust to what life throws at us, but when the relationships we have with our former spouses and, more importantly, our children are put in jeopardy by these changes, things are not that simple. Fortunately for divorced individuals, the courts are not merciless, and there are policies in place that take these changing circumstances into consideration.

In the state of Texas, if you feel that your divorce agreement is no longer fair to your circumstances, you can file a petition to change the court order that was set during the original divorce proceedings. If the divorced parties are not in agreement about the changes, then the person filing must demonstrate that the changes have the child’s best interests at heart. Children who are 12 years old or older can also confide in the judge which parent he or she would like to live with, and this could also affect the custody agreement.

Much like changing custody, divorced individuals can also modify their child support obligations. Depending on what you would like to request and what your situation is, the way you go about this modification may change, but consulting with an attorney who is familiar with Texas law can simplify the process. Additionally, you can read this article for more information.

Everyone who is involved in a divorce case in which there is a child wants what is best for that child. Complications arise when the parties involved have different ideas for what is best for the child, and it is up to the courts to make the final decision based on the information they are presented. If you can prove that the information has changed, you may be able to have your custody or support order modified.

Request A Consultation



FindLaw Network