The Law Office of Lisa A. Vance, P.C.

The Path to Your Piece of Mind
Divorce and Family Law Matters

We are now accepting clients statewide in Texas.


As the situation with COVID-19 continues to develop and evolve, the safety, health and well-being of our clients and our team is extremely important to us. We are watching for the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and international medical experts to learn how we can best manage our facility and our clients.

We would like to reassure you that The Law Office of Lisa A. Vance, P.C. will continue to be available to provide services to all of our clients.

Our lawyers and paralegals are working in the office and electronically, although most of us are working from home. Below is a list of FAQs regarding our response and commitment to you during COVID-19.

Can I even have a consultation with my lawyer remotely?

Yes, The Office of Lisa A. Vance, P.C. has a comprehensive remote working capability and all of our lawyers and paralegals are equipped to work securely from home.

Will my lawyer be available to answer questions and work on my case?

Yes, your legal matters will continue to receive our attention. You can email, call, or videoconference with your lawyer during this time.

We also have multiple videoconferencing options; please contact your attorney for the platform that works best for you

How are court hearings and appointments affected?

Court in Bexar County are now conducted by Zoom Please see our blog article Court via Zoom: It’s Actually, Really Court (and Here’s How It Works)

Can I consult with a lawyer about a new family law or divorce matter?

Yes, we have office staff working in house and remotely to ensure continuity in our business. For information about a family law or divorce matter, please call our office or complete the Request a Consultation Form.

Your family law matters remain our top concern and we are not going to permit this pandemic to take priority over your needs. We will remain confident, alert and prepared.

We wish you and your family well as we work through this difficult situation together.

With warm regards,
Lisa A Vance



Family Law
Click For More

Rest of Life
Click For More

My ex is disobeying visitation orders. What are my options?

| Sep 18, 2015 | Child Custody |

When it comes to child custody, courts are often extremely specific regarding the custody orders that are given. More than simply determining which parent is granted primary or physical custody of the child, child custody often comes with visitation orders that detail specifically when and where physical custody of the child will change. For example, you may have a custody order that states you must meet your wife at the public library at noon to give her custody of the child.

Most people are extremely anxious to see their children again, and failing to meet for a custody exchange at the allotted time is not an issue. However, for one reason or another, this does happen occasionally, and it can be difficult for the parent who is waiting for the custody exchange, and even more difficult for the child.

Custody orders are difficult and confusing enough for children without unexpected changes in the plan. Seeing one parent some of the time and another parent at other times will be hard on any child, but if a parent is late to a custody exchange, the child may wonder if perhaps their other parent does not want them, or if there are more important things that the other parent is doing. Fortunately, there are legal options available for dealing with such issues.

Obviously talking with your ex-spouse is the first and easiest course of action, as there may be a misunderstanding about the time of the custody exchange or a valid reason for being unable to attend such as unexpected traffic or work-related obligations. However, if your former spouse does not have a valid reason, you may be able to have the visitation order changed. If you live in Texas, and you are struggling with a visitation order, do not hesitate to speak with an attorney to learn what your legal options are.

Request A Consultation



FindLaw Network