${}${SEMFirmNameAlt}The Law Office of Lisa A. Vance, P.C.
The Path to Your Piece of Mind
Divorce and Family Law Matters

The Law Office of Lisa A. Vance, P.C.
Se Habla Español
Click Here
View Our Practice Areas

San Antonio Family Law Blog

Lessons on Negotiating and Civility from the Late President Bush


This week, the nation mourned the death of President George Herbert Walker Bush, and his loss was especially felt by all of us living in Texas, his adopted home state. It's always a time for somber reflection when a leader of his stature passes, especially when considering both his military service and his decades of public service. 

How can a family law firm be both compassionate and tough?

Tough and Compassionate Blog750.jpg

How can a law firm be both compassionate and tough, you're wondering? Can you simultaneous be concerned for everyone involved in a negotiation and yet fight to get what one person wants? That's the challenge we take on every day at the Law Office of Lisa A. Vance, because both compassion and toughness are essential to our mission.

Promoting Healthy Families

Blog 11-16-18.jpg

One of the most important things to keep in mind in family law - for everyone involved - is that the parent-child relationship is fundamentally the same throughout the divorce. A divorce decree means that parents will go about their routines differently, and they will have to be mindful of rules set up to manage when each parent will get to be with his or her kids, but they don't stop being parents.

Offering help for life's challenges


Both family law and probate law have one important quality in common - and it's at the heart of why our team of lawyers at the Law Office of Lisa A. Vance have chosen those areas of law. They both help people through life's challenges: Specifically, the emotional periods of people's lives where they experience great uncertainty and transformation.

Fierce, Compassionate Lawyers: What Our New Motto Means


If you've visited our website lately, you'll notice that we're using the new motto, "Fierce, compassionate lawyers." While the motto's new, the attitude behind it has been with our firm ever since Lisa Vance first founded it - and it's one that we're proud to rally behind.

Can I legally change my child's name after birth?


At the Law Office of Lisa Vance, P.C., we often get the question about changing a child's name after birth. That's understandable, given that we're in the age of the modern family, with blended families and with children who aren't necessarily raised by their biological parents. 

Who has the rights to keep the placenta after I give birth?


We recently received an interesting call to the Law Office of Lisa Vance, P.C., regarding a placenta. The call specifically asked about whether the parents could keep the placenta, post-birth, to determine whether or not the mother of a newborn was using drugs. I was intrigued, so to the books I went and discovered that Texas does in fact have laws on this subject.

Mediation: You Get What You Pay For

Everyone Tense.jpeg

I've recently been working on a number of mediation cases. I'm glad that we offer it as a service at the Law Office of Lisa A. Vance, as it's the perfect solution for some couples who are seeking divorces. They may not have the number of issues or intensity of issues needing litigation to sort it out, but they also might not be able to sort out their divorce decree on their own.

Lisa A. Vance Awards and Recognition.

Call Us – We Can Help

Call Today At 210-265-6277 Or Email To Schedule A Confidential Consultation.
Spanish translation services are available upon request.

See All Our Videos

We have a lot of information on our website. Please use the search bar like a library. Put in your main topic and find articles to help with your issue.

Request A Consultation

The Law Office of Lisa A. Vance, P.C.
814 North Alamo Street
Suite 1
San Antonio, TX 78215

Phone: 210-265-6277
Fax: 210-582-5878
San Antonio Office Map

Request A Consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy