OUR FIRM IS OPEN AND WE ARE WORKING!
As the situation with COVID-19 continues to develop and evolve, the safety, health and well-being of our clients and our team is extremely important to us. We are watching for the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and international medical experts to learn how we can best manage our facility and our clients.
We would like to reassure you that The Law Office of Lisa A. Vance, P.C. will continue to be available to provide services to all of our clients. Our doors are open; we have lawyers and paralegals on site and until we are instructed differently, we will work here, and electronically. Below is a list of FAQs regarding our response and commitment to you during COVID-19.
Can I even have a consultation with my lawyer remotely?
Yes, The Office of Lisa A. Vance, P.C. has a comprehensive remote working capability and all of our lawyers and paralegals are equipped to work securely from home. Whilst you are welcome to come here, we also have multiple videoconferencing options; please contact your attorney for the platform that works best for you.
Will my lawyer be available to answer questions and work on my case?
Yes, we are open, and your legal matters will continue to receive our attention. You can come in for a conference, or email, call, or videoconference with your lawyer during this time.
How are court hearings and appointments affected?
The Texas courts are adjusting regular operations and most non-emergency hearings are being rescheduled. There are cases that will not be brought to a judge for a while. “Essential Matters” will, however, be heard. Those that cannot go to court are, nonetheless, being handled with electronic solutions and we will be able to seek judicial protection where needed. Here is the link to the most current Bexar county orders: https://www.bexar.org/DocumentCenter/View/26055/Special-Order-726928--Presiding-Civil-District-Court-and-Jury-Monitoring-Court?bidId=
Most other counties have issued similar protocol. Please speak with your attorney to assess what this will mean for your case.
Can I consult with a lawyer about a new family law or divorce matter?
Yes, we have office staff working at our office and remotely to ensure continuity in our business. For information about a family law or divorce matter, please call our office or complete the Request a Consultation Form.
Your family law matters remain our top concern and we are not going to permit this pandemic to take priority over your needs. We will remain confident, alert and prepared.
We wish you and your family well as we work through this difficult situation together.
With warm regards,
Lisa A Vance
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Contract Lawyers
- Family Law
- Answering questions of paternity under Texas law
- Bullying: When Parenting Efforts Fail
- Can child custody arrangements be changed in Texas?
- Ending your Texas marriage without acrimony: it can be done
- Helping children with a divorce
- Holding out for the house isn’t always the best approach in divorce
- Information to Gather
- Keeping your divorce on track when challenges arise
- Some basic rights and responsibilities of military divorce
- What a prenup can do for you
- What are Texas Residency Requirements for Divorce?
- What Four Things You Need to Know Before you Start the Divorce Process
- What Legal Information Do I Need to Know?
- What to Ask a Divorce Lawyer at the First Meeting
- What to Expect From a Divorce Lawyer
- What You Need Might be Different Than What You Want
- When “My Divorce is Uncontested, Except For One Small Thing”
- When I Want to Divorce Now!
- When One Size Does Not Fit All – Parenting Plans
- When Splitting Your Assets 50/50 May Be “Fair,” But is it Best?
- Who is Entitled to Spousal Support?
- Why a billion-dollar divorce contains lessons for all couples
- Why a Good Lawyer Makes a Lousy Therapist
- Why a Pitbull Divorce Lawyer Can be the Pits
- Why Divorce Might Feel Personal, But It’s Ultimately Business.
- Why Do Out of Pocket Child Support Payments Count?
- Why You Don’t Have to Go to Court to Get What You Want
- Mhmm Menu Layout Loader
- Rest of Life
- San Antonio Family Law Office
- The Faces of Our Firm
- Video Center