The Law Office of Lisa A. Vance, P.C.

The Path to Your Piece of Mind
Divorce and Family Law Matters

We are now accepting clients statewide in Texas.


As the situation with COVID-19 continues to develop and evolve, the safety, health and well-being of our clients and our team is extremely important to us. We are watching for the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and international medical experts to learn how we can best manage our facility and our clients.

We would like to reassure you that The Law Office of Lisa A. Vance, P.C. will continue to be available to provide services to all of our clients.

Our lawyers and paralegals are working in the office and electronically, although most of us are working from home. Below is a list of FAQs regarding our response and commitment to you during COVID-19.

Can I even have a consultation with my lawyer remotely?

Yes, The Office of Lisa A. Vance, P.C. has a comprehensive remote working capability and all of our lawyers and paralegals are equipped to work securely from home.

Will my lawyer be available to answer questions and work on my case?

Yes, your legal matters will continue to receive our attention. You can email, call, or videoconference with your lawyer during this time.

We also have multiple videoconferencing options; please contact your attorney for the platform that works best for you

How are court hearings and appointments affected?

Court in Bexar County are now conducted by Zoom Please see our blog article Court via Zoom: It’s Actually, Really Court (and Here’s How It Works)

Can I consult with a lawyer about a new family law or divorce matter?

Yes, we have office staff working in house and remotely to ensure continuity in our business. For information about a family law or divorce matter, please call our office or complete the Request a Consultation Form.

Your family law matters remain our top concern and we are not going to permit this pandemic to take priority over your needs. We will remain confident, alert and prepared.

We wish you and your family well as we work through this difficult situation together.

With warm regards,
Lisa A Vance



Family Law
Click For More

Rest of Life
Click For More

Man who allegedly absconded with son years ago arrested in NY

| Jun 19, 2015 | Child Custody |

There are almost no instances in which child custody is not a heated issue between divorcing couples. Some couples are fortunate enough and part on amicable enough terms to agree on custody issues, but oftentimes former spouses want to minimize the time a child spends with his or her other parent. It makes sense when you think about the fact that the couples divorced for a reason, and parents do not want their children influenced by the bad behaviors that caused the divorce in the first place.

However, no matter how unfair your child custody agreement may seem to you, it is imperative that you do not take matters into your own hands and violate the agreement. There are legal avenues available to modify custody agreements and help you receive a custody agreement that is fair to you, but if you violate the agreement, you are only inviting disaster.

More than two decades ago in Texas, a baby who was barely a year old was taken by his father. Reports indicate that the baby’s parents divorced, with the baby’s mother citing anger issues on the part of the father. The father was allowed to see his son only twice a month and even then under supervision. Allegedly, he picked his son up one day and simply never returned.

The FBI has been on the case ever since, and the man was recently arrested in Orleans County, New York. Currently it is unknown exactly what kind of legal penalties he could face, but you do not have to be a legal expert to know that evading the FBI for more than a decade is going to come with consequences.

Not all custody agreements are fair, but courts can only do what they believe is in the best interests of the child based on the information they are given. It is up to you to prove why you deserve to be in your child’s life, and an attorney can help you do that. Additionally, if you are dealing with an unfair custody arrangement, an attorney can help you modify the arrangement to be more fair to you and your circumstances.

Source: WKBW, “Man accused of abducting son in ’92 found in WNY,” June 15, 2015

Request A Consultation



FindLaw Network